Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Random Thoughts 4/15/09

  • Happy Tax Day. Yeah, right. I think a lot of good people protested today for the first time in their lives.
  • Here's a puff piece on how great KU will be next year. I appreciate how it lines up all the facts for us but let's remember that nothing is guaranteed. The best teams in basketball do not always win the championship, and that's assuming that all of this talent will stay healthy and gel into a cohesive team. I hope it does but it's not a fact yet.
  • Those people who make t-shirts sure are quick.
  • The Chiefs have exactly zero nationally televised games this year. No Monday night games, no Sunday night games, no Saturday or Thursday games. Nothing. Just a schedule of anonymous noon games and three 3:00 games when playing at Denver, Oakland, and San Diego. The Chiefs could easily go into their bye week with a 1-6 record. Good luck Matt Cassel.
  • The good news is that when the Chiefs are horrible, we have fewer people missing church to see the games.
  • Verizon will almost certainly lose me as a customer in this next year when my contract runs out. First of all, I want an iPhone. Secondly, Verizon seems to hate its customers and the service has only been just okay. Even if Verizon began offering the iPhone tomorrow, I still don't know that I wouldn't switch carriers. I'm just really open to going somewhere else, and now AT&T offers this great little gadget that everyone loves, why would I not leave?
  • Don't miss the National World War 1 Museum at the Liberty Memorial. It's new, it's award winning, it's really worthwhile. Kids of junior-high-age and up would get a lot out of this museum, especially if they're studying this part of history already.

4 comments:

Champ said...

The Iphone is incredible!!! I can't see myself ever owning another phone (unless Apple comes up with something better!) It is the best gadget I have ever owned! Just thought I'd let you know that!!

Thumper said...

Not helping!

Dustin said...

I'll let you have (buy) my iPod Touch when I get my iPhone...

Just was sitting in my office, needing a document on my home computer... Fortunately I had set up a private, password protected "shared" folder using AirSharing and was able to access it from my iPod, sitting in my office, across town. Way cool.

Anonymous said...

Dustin you don't need an iPhone!! I can think of at least 10 other things you should buy before that.

~ Chad