Monday, April 27, 2009

Random Thoughts 4/27/09

  • I found it hard to get too excited about the NFL draft this year for several reasons: 1) The Chiefs' previous regime was so bad at picking talent in recent years that fans have grown cynical. 2) Not much happened trade-wise. 3) The new Chiefs are a lot like the Patriots, they'll draft hard-working blue-collar guys that fans will love after we get to know them but not before. 4) No KU players of note, though a few signed undrafted.
  • You have to love the crazy Raiders. They draft a second-round type guy in the first round and seventh-round type guy in the second! Never let a guy in a tracksuit run your organization.
  • I performed a cold-water baptism yesterday. It was my own fault: I forgot to check the water being out of my normal routine. But stepping into a cold baptistery is a shock we don't have to suffer too often anymore – the water is almost always heated.
  • Former Mizzou football players made out like bandits this weekend. Congrats.
  • Elijah's 5th birthday is tomorrow. I'm taking the day off and looking forward to treating the squirt to a fun day.
  • Network television is a disaster. A lot of our favorite shows are being canceled and replaced by reality-show garbage. There's a good chance that tonight's Chuck will be the last episode of that series. I guess it's good that we're finding quality board games to play!
  • I'm enjoying teaching the Youth Group Sunday School class. It's a good bunch of kids. The tone is goofier than I'm used to with adults but getting to know these kids feels so rewarding.

No comments: