Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

We've had ridiculous amounts of rain this week with another three or four days of rain forecast before it clears up. I like a nice spring shower as much as anybody but I'll be happy when it dries up a bit:

  • Our indoor dogs are crazy about outdoor mud; they love it and can't stay away from it. That means lots of baths and cleaning up when its wet outside.
  • Our indoor boys are crazy about outdoor mud; they love it and can't stay away… wait a second… yup. Having dogs and little boys are very similar responsibilities. They're dirty and destructive little critters that you can't help but love.
  • Mom will go insane without being able to send the kids outside to jump on the trampoline or ride their bikes.
  • It's hard to grill in the rain. Or mow. Or do yard work of any kind. Our yard looks like a jungle and we missed out on mowing on the one dry day in the last week.
  • I'm wanting to play ball and some outdoor games with the boys, but again the whole rainy wetlands thing is slowing us down.
  • When the storms are really bad, we don't get consistent television reception. That said, it's better with our new dish than it used to be. No we only lose reception during the weather reports that tell you a tornado is coming!
  • The kids and dogs are scared of storms.
  • The humidity makes the hamsters and dogs smell even worse than usual.
  • I'm umbrella challenged. I keep one with me in the car but I can't seem to open or close a wet one without soaking myself. I might be better off in some instances to just walk through the rain rather than pull a wet umbrella into the car with me.

No comments: