Monday, October 29, 2007

Blessings

This month was Pastor Appreciation month but, to tell the truth, for me, it was kind of a hard month. The ministry can be demoralizing and defeating at times but last night our congregation lavished us with love.

We had a singfest, which for us means an old-fashioned hymn sing with no official responsibilities for the ministers. I was able to sit with my family for the first time this year, sharing a hymnal with Brennan and teaching him how to follow along in it. Members of the congregation spoke during the service about Jay-rod and I and then one of the Elders presented each of us with a substantial gift.

How surprised we were! It was the largest gift I've ever received from a congregation and must represent so many people's love and appreciation. What a wonderful expression of their generosity!

There is no place I'd rather be than at Wyandotte County Christian Church. The people are genuine and loving and have fully accepted my wife and boys as part of their own family. I believe that the Lord called me to this congregation and intends me to grow as a part of it for years to come. There is no offer that could lure me away from this church family.

Thank you!

No comments: