Monday, October 08, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday was my folks' 40th wedding anniversary. We surprised them with an afternoon party at the church. Almost everybody we knew came to the party: friends from Winchester and family from out of town, as well as church family and acquaintances from all over. It was wonderful to see these people and have them share in honoring Mom and Dad.

Though my sister, Sonya, was the driving force behind the party, Shannon and I did a lot to prepare for the party too. Shannon made and decorated four cakes (one of which was licked by our dog, Sophie, and had to be thrown out). I made a video slide show and burned it on a DVD. It's not hard to to do (especially on a Mac) but it was a first for me so I had to overcome the learning curve.

Words can't express how thankful we are for our folks. They've touched a lot of lives; they've been good neighbors and citizens and faithful church leaders. The building full of hugs and handshakes yesterday was good evidence for the impact Mom and Dad have had.

No comments: