Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Random Thoughts 10/23/07

  • The NFL Draft will now be less like watching paint dry. The first round will shrink from 15 minutes per pick to only 10 minutes, the second round from 10 minutes to 7. Only two rounds (instead of three) will be completed on Saturday starting at 2pm, with the last five rounds to follow on Sunday.
  • We took the boys to the doctor first thing this morning because they were behind on their vaccinations and such. So in addition to flu shots, they each received multiple shots to both legs. I held down each of them as they winced in pain and began to cry. It was pretty awful. The nurses put three to five band-aids on each boy and gave them a Popsicles. It's so hard to watch your children hurt, even when it's for their own good.
  • Speaking of hurting, I grabbed a sweatshirt this morning and threw both arms in the air to put it on… wrenching my back, right between the shoulder blades. It's the worst I've hurt my back in a long time. In fact the last time was the day I went on a guided walking tour of Ft. Leavenworth with Gordie D. I was in excruciating pain all day that time and this is shaping up to be the same thing. Not much fun.
  • I'm 4-3 in both of my fantasy football leagues, although I'm the point leader in our church league. This week I lost by only ONE point. Ouch. It's always easier to lose by a hundred than by a single point.
  • The new OS for Macintosh comes out Friday. I'm usually pretty cavalier about software updates – I'll get around to it when they have all the bugs worked out. But I'm chomping at the bit this time around. It's been about two years since the last major upgrade and the new version has a lot of great new features.

No comments: