Monday, October 01, 2007

Day Off

I mowed the yard this morning. I had avoided it for most of September and had begged Shannon not to mow it. I like to mow and I like to do it "my way," particular and meticulously. But I only have one or two chances in a given week to mow the yard and it kept raining on me in September. I'm sure this is the greenest our grass has ever been this time of year, even more so than the very mild summer last year.

So I finally got it mowed and Shannon asked if I could just take the day off. It's my 31st birthday on Thursday and I have appointments and meetings then, so it seemed reasonable to just chill out today. We took the boys for a walk and played in the freshly cut backyard. We watched television and grilled chicken on the deck. It was a nice day off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a joy to have you home. Don't worry I'm not offended at all that the shear thought of me mowing the lawn gives you anxiety issues. I understand with the piece of bark shattering the dining room window and all. I do appreciate not having to bushwack my way to the front door anymore :) Thank you for mowing, thank you for helping with sick babies, thank you for being mine. Luv you