Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Gideon for Breakfast

I was preaching at 8:30 this morning. My audience was a crowd of kindergartners, first graders, and second graders at Genesis Christian School in Tonganoxie, Kansas. It was really enjoyable to share in their chapel service and the kids were so attentive to my lesson on Gideon.

Mid-sermon, one little boy spontaneously offered that "the British and the Germans were bad guys like the Midianites." Uh, yeah, I guess they were.

One of the ladies in our church is a teacher there and she had invited my to come speak. At least two little girls (her granddaughters) from our church were among the kids to whom I spoke, though I know of at least one other family whose kids are going there this year.

What a fun diversion from the normal routine this was.

No comments: