Sunday, October 14, 2007

Random Thoughts 10/14/07

  • There's a new Star Trek movie being made; that's number eleven for those of you scoring at home. They are recasting the movie with young, hip actors, which does nothing for me… until now. The role of Scotty the mechanical-miracle working engineer will be played by Simon Pegg. I hate to admit it, but I find Pegg really funny. I'd almost watch this movie just for him, though I'll probably wait a few years until it's on TV (yes, I'm that cheap).
  • Even on his good days, I think Chiefs running back Larry Johnson has 19 million guaranteed reasons to go at half speed. What a miserable mistake it is to invest heavily in a "bad boy" running back when so much of the running game is dependent on the offensive line.
  • Yeah, we know how to win friends and influence people. I put the dog outside this afternoon while everybody took a nap and I watched football and blogged. Sophie proceeded to bark at the neighbors on the other side of the fence for an hour and a half. I think the dog thought she was defending us. But that doesn't mean she won any fans in the neighborhood.
  • I might just have an aneurysm over Al Gore's Nobel Peace Prize. As if that suddenly made any of that junk propaganda true. *eye roll*
  • I'm 4-1 in my fantasy football league but it looks like I'll be working from behind again tonight and Monday. The cruelest fate is that I've been winning with Tony Romo of the Cowboys, the only team I've never really cared for. I guess I'll have to get over my prejudice and join the rest of the planet in rootin' for the 'boys. Besides, I'm probably due for some bad luck, so we'll see if my team can pull it off.

No comments: