Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sprinting to the New Arena, Part 2

The Day has arrived, Kansas City's new Sprint Center has arrived!

We still don't have an NHL or NBA team to be an anchor tenant. But the list of upcoming concerts seems to be pretty good. Elton John, Rascal Flatts, Van Halen, Garth Brooks, Hannah Montana, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and Billy Joel are doing concerts, as well as appearances by the Blue Man Group, WWE wrestling, So You Think You Can Dance, Pro Volleyball, and the Harlem Globetrotters. Add to that some college basketball games and you've certainly got a good start over the next three months.

If only there was more parking to offer. Walking as much as nine blocks through downtown KCMO, strolling by all the bars and strip clubs with my children, isn't exactly a selling point to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra is the best concert I have ever been to. They have come to OKC the last 2 years and I (and Kristi's family) have set in the first 7 rows both times. They are coming again and I believe we have great tickets again. I would highly recommend that concert if you can get a ticket!