Thursday, October 04, 2007

Funny Feeling

I've had a long, quiet day at the office with a few appointments, a lot of reading, and a meeting later this evening. I really appreciate the nice birthday notes and cards I've received via email and snail mail. Thank you so much everybody.

It's funny that I'm so much more conscious of this birthday than last year's. I can hardly remember last year's birthday, when I turned thirty. Yet this year, turning thirty-one, seems momentous for some reason, like it's a significant milestone but I'm not sure why.

I'm glad to be working today–I like what I do. But it has been a bit eerie around here… I can't quite put my finger on it. And I've been in this odd sort of mood–attentive, pensive, and sentimental–for several days now. Hmm…

Tomorrow we're taking the boys to Red Barn Farm in Weston, Missouri. That's a good place for memories to be made and I'm certainly in a memory-making kind of mood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARED!!!!!!

another71.com said...

The eerie feeling you have is the pending doom that awaits the Jayhawks on Saturday.

KU 10
KSU 38

It's a lock.

btw - you're old.

Anonymous said...

KANSAS 30
k-state 24

Hey, there's always basketball, right??