Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Random Thoughts 10/17/07

  • Jay-rod came in the office today noting that the NBA had already (in the preseason) had a fight. My thought on the matter: If you promote a culture of thuggery, should you be surprised when your players act like thugs? I suppose I'd have more invested in the NBA if Kansas City had a team, but even then I'm not sure. I root for the individual Jayhawks in the Pros, but I quit watching regularly when Jordan retired (the second time).
  • Speaking of sports, there's an actual website that tracks all of the uniform violations in major league sports. I'm sure there's somebody, somewhere that finds that interesting. I actually find the history of sports logos and uniforms kind of intriguing, like a modern day heraldry of sorts. I'm fairly certain it's the only area of "fashion" that I'm remotely interested in.
  • Dave Ramsey is on Fox's new Fox Business Channel. I haven't seen it yet but I'm eager to know how it differs from his radio show. Thanks for the heads up, Jeff.
  • The Singapore Airlines pilot that flew the first double-decker A380 Jumbo airliner was quoted in a French Newspaper saying it was "God's Creation." Some observers quipped, "If God created the world in seven days, then why was the A380 two years late?" Even though some folks think the overweight Airbus should replace the C-5 Galaxy and the 747 Air Force One, I'm still not impressed. The French-made behemoth can't land at our nation's busiest hub in Atlanta because of its size.
  • After re-reading John Eldredges' Wild at Heart, I've had a hankering to read Shakespeare's Henry V. I've seen the movie, the Battle of Agincourt is fascinating, and I'm always up for slapping down the French, but I'm hesitant to start the book when I haven't finished King Lear yet. Isn't one play at a time enough for anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Isn't one play at a time enough for anyone?

Nope. :-D