Friday, June 22, 2007

Coprophagia and You: Why Doggy Kisses are Gross

If we hadn't read about it first, we would have discovered this on our own soon enough: Beagles eat poo.

It turns out that Beagles are one of least finicky breeds of dog; they'll eat pretty much anything. And they love to eat poo! It's called cocrophagia and Beagles are the best at it. They'll eat their own poo, cat poo, neighbor dog's poo, any steaming pile of poo will do. When it comes to Beagles, fecal is fantastic and doo-doo is delicious!

Sophie is a sweet puppy but every time she licks me, I throw up just a little.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine used to let her dog lick her on the mouth...yeah, she got a parasite. I wouldn't reccommend it. For all those who say a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's...it's because they have to have more enzymes or whatever to fight off diseases from what they eat. I wouldn't call that "cleaner," I'd defenetely call that "way more disgusting."

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, btw, that last comment is from me, it just wasn't letting me post while logged in for some reason...stupid errors!