Saturday, June 23, 2007

Take Me Home!

Brennan is at day camp; he'll be back this evening. It was hard to see the little guy go. He actually had to tell Mom he loved her and it was okay for her to leave him now. Shannon cried the whole way home.

So it seems appropriate to play the Allan Sherman song, Camp Granada.



I couldn't find a video of Sherman performing the song, but there's an endless supply of videos with people lip syncing Sherman's performance. Sherman re-wrote the song when he went on the Johnny Carson's Tonight Show, which started like this:

Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh.
I am back at Camp Granada.
And I'm writing you this letter
Just to say my compound fracture's getting better.
No one here knows where my trunk is
And my bunk is where the skunk is.
And this year the food's improving
'cause the little black things in it are not moving.

No comments: