Saturday, June 30, 2007

Random Thoughts 6/30/07

  • Jay-rod, Kyle D., and I repaired the hand golf course at the church camp this morning. The cups are new and clean and flush to the ground. It was so perfect, that after finishing our other work, we had to play a quick round. We certainly made the course more difficult. We moved the location of one of the holes to increase its difficulty and changed a couple of the other holes entirely to make the back nine more interesting, longer than before, and as difficult as the front nine. I can't wait to play it again.
  • I'm seriously considering going to the North American Christian Convention (NACC) next week. It's right here in Kansas City this year and there are countless reasons and incentives to go. Generally I'm not a "North American" kinda guy, greatly preferring Ozark's Preaching and Teaching Convention in Joplin each year. But I'm sure if I go, I'll enjoy it. I just need to pull the trigger and actually do it.
  • The Kansas City Brigade are out of the playoffs, losing today 49-42. The Colorado Crush beat them again (making three times this year in close games, by a touchdown or less, each time). Somehow it made sense that Kansas City went out in the first round of the playoffs.
  • This video from David Letterman made me laugh, making fun of both Paris Hilton and Larry King at the same time.
  • I've had a few people ask me about the iPhone. And, no, I'm not going to drop $600 on a phone, even if it is the coolest gadget to come along in several years. Not that I don't want one, I just refuse to spend that kind of money when I already have a phone. We'll see how things look down the road when my current cell phone dies or the contract expires; eventually the technology will trickle down to folks like me. And I'll be waiting!

No comments: