Monday, July 02, 2007

What a Loser (8 months)

I've been stuck at the 35-40 pounds-lost plateau for several months now but I have received some good news. Last week I went in for a physical and passed with flying colors. I pretty much got the full workup, blood work, EKG, and all the incidentals, and at every step they said things looked perfect. This pleased (surprised?) me to no end because I'm still pretty heavy, probably quite a bit heavier than I look. But to get a clean bill of health was a real encouragement.

I still don't eat pizza, fried chicken, and sugar pop like I used to (I had a slice and a half of pepperoni last night–only the third or fourth time I've had pizza in the last eight months). My diet has been the biggest factor in my weight loss (I still don't exercise as regularly as I'd like).

I took the physical to gain acceptance into a clinical trial of a new flu vaccine. If I'm accepted I'll be monitoring my health more closely than I ever have and I'm hoping that attention to detail will jump start my continued weight loss.

No comments: