Thursday, July 19, 2007

Another Good Read 7/19/07

Here's a sampling of the good readin' I've come across in recent weeks:

  • Yet another gripping read from Michael Yon, the Ernie Pyle of our day. This particular dispatch is called "Superman," though it's worth reading everything Yon writes. I can't wait until all of this material is compiled in book form some day.
  • The Blogging Church by Brian Bailey. This was a good little book on blogging in ministry–the whats, whys, and hows. Unless the Elders guide us to do otherwise, I'll probably start a church blog in coming months, to add one more tool to the church's communication toolbox.
  • I finally watched Kevin Willmott's CSA: The Confederate States of America (2004). It's an alternate history "mockumentary" detailing the 140 years of American history after the South wins the Civil War and institutionalizes slavery. Willmott is from Kansas and is currently a professor at KU. The film is both funny and frightening, but I prefer the more detailed alternate history of Harry Turtledove's "Timeline - 191."
More later, I've got a busy day today…

No comments: