Monday, July 16, 2007

The Successful Bush Presidency?

Just because I know this'll tweak the haters, let's look at a completely serious proposition (and one that I agree with).

William Kristol writes: "I suppose I'll merely expose myself to harmless ridicule if I make the following assertion: George W. Bush's presidency will probably be a successful one…"

What is Kristol's argument? 1) Security at home, 2) A Strong Economy, and 3) Increasing success in Iraq. Go read the whole article here at the Washington Post.

I'm increasingly confident that, when President Bush is gone and the virulent hatred of him slips into our collective memory, the President's actions and motivations will measured in a different light. Mistakes? Sure. Evil intentions? No. In fact, history may even judge him to have more noble and idealistic intentions, even if they're not realized, than any president since Lincoln. And Lincoln was hated in his day as well.

No comments: