Friday, July 06, 2007

Time to Get a New Watch

My wristwatch died again. It had stopped a couple of times and now it's kaput.

For most of my adult life, I've worn a simple little Timex Expedition analog wristwatch with a cheap nylon or canvas strap. I don't like expensive watches and can't wear watches with metal bands (they pull the hair out of my arm). But those cheap watches only last so long before a battery needs to be replaced or they corrode and literally just fall apart (which happened to me with a previous wristwatch).

So now I'm looking at replacing the battery (again?) in this watch or replacing it. Or should I perhaps just use my cell phone, now that I carry one around all the time? The cell phone always has the right time but there are instances when a wristwatch is less conspicuous.

No comments: