Monday, March 13, 2006

Overheard At Home 3/12/06

UPDATED: 3/13/06

  • I could hear the boys fighting in the other room when Brennan came running to me crying. "What's wrong son? Why are you crying?" Between sobs, he spat out, "Because I don't want Tanner to tell on me!" Hmmm…
  • Shannon caught Tanner rapidly eating the sugar-substitute Splenda out of the sugar bowl. He was trying to get as much of it polished off as he could, pinching it with his fingers and stuffing it in his mouth. Not only is that gross, it was kind of expensive.
  • Brennan asked for his old curtains back the other day. Shannon had made new curtains, in part to block out the light during nap times. So Brennan and Tanner have long, heavy navy blue curtains. But Brennan wanted his old, flimsy, white curtains back. "Why?" Shannon asked, "Is it because you want to read after bed time?" Busted! Brennan just smiled, he had been pulling his flimsy curtains back and reading his dinosaur books by the light of the street lamp. But the new, heavy duty curtains have hindered his late night study time.
  • Elijah has been mooing when he sees a cow on tv. He also moos at giraffes and horses. I'm not real sure why.
  • Brennan told Shannon this evening, "Mommy you have silver hairs." I'm still trying to comfort her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, Eli also moos at hippos.

I am fine over the silver hairs. My best friend is a hair stylist and I have already made plans for some "lo-lights" of red to hide a little of the silver. Besides Brennan is mostly to blame for those hairs!