Friday, March 31, 2006

Random Thoughts 3/31/06

  • Brennan stepped on a rusty nail early Thursday, which means he got a tetanus shot Thursday afternoon. He didn't handle the bleeding toe very well and getting the shot in his thigh went over like a lead balloon. But Friday evening his thigh began to really swell, from hip to knee it was half as big again as the other leg and feverish to the touch at the site of his injection. We called the doctor and we'll be watching it closely for the next day or so.
  • We had a family get-together Friday evening to celebrate Graham's homecoming. Grandparents and cousins and all the usual suspects filled the house and enjoyed Shannon's cooking. She fixed her amazing rolls, BBQ beef, and some incredible cheese dip. Our friend Dana, the awesome cake lady, made a "Welcome Home" cake. Both the cake and the evening were awesome!
  • My anonymous friend is back on the blog, forcing me to delete some comments that contained explicit profanity. I really try to give people like that enough rope to hang themselves but I have to draw the line somewhere. No big deal over all, just a lot of blathering that shows they don't really know me at all; kind of sad really. And it only takes two clicks to make a profane comment disappear forever.
  • The vote to spend $800 million on the old stadiums here in KC is next Tuesday and only the voters in Jackson County, Missouri can vote. Dustin is seriously thinking of going down to protest; I just hope it doesn't pass. For $800 million, couldn't you build new stadiums? I'd go for that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice arms, me! I sure did a great job holding that cake!

Anonymous said...

Good Job, Dustin! I noticed your great cake holding skills. :-)