Sunday, March 05, 2006

Random Thoughts 3/5/06

  • I'm actually watching the Oscars right now. It's always too long and there's always so much that I cringe at. I'm not particularly star struck and I don't have any favorite movies up for Best Picture. But who knows, some of this stuff may come up in a future Trivial Pursuit game!
  • As a matter of fact, writers and directors do fascinate me. They communicate ideas; they are the story tellers. I can appreciate that, even if I don't care for the particular stories.
  • I was down in the back this week for a few days. I walked home from work twice this week for the exercise and, by the end of the second trip, my poor state of physical conditioning was rearing its ugly head – I could barely move Friday. And with Mom nine months pregnant and Dad not making any sudden moves, the boys were nearly able to take over.
  • My folks took our boys to McDonald's today. They are brave, brave people.
  • The extension to iron out the NFL's problems didn't work as talks broke off late today. Most teams will now make major cuts. All players will lose benefits and some may lose their career prematurely. Parity between teams may be gone forever. This will get ugly. Why? Because of unadulterated selfishness, on both sides. UPDATE: They extended talks for another three days. The Apocalypse now begins Wednesday at midnight.

No comments: