Saturday, March 04, 2006

Two People In Love

Today we celebrated Shannon's birthday. Her mom came over and afforded us the opportunity to eat out and see a movie. So we went to Zona Rosa and ate at a nice Chinese restaurant there, Bo Lings. I asked our waiter what "Bo Lings" means; is it someone's name or a Chinese word? At a loss, he ran his fingers through his blond hair and said, "Uh, dude… I asked and, uh… I dunno know. I think it's the owner's name or something."

Thanks.

There wasn't much playing but we had a movie gift card burning a hole in our pocket, so we saw Nanny McPhee. It was a really nice movie but it made us miss our own mischievous children.

On the way home, we stopped by Pride of Kansas City where Shannon found a sign to hang in our house.

She said it's "sentimental and romantic." It would have been more romantic if she would have let me go back and get it on my own. Instead she literally pulled me back into the store to buy it on the spot.

Oh, the memories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been telling everyone how sweet it was that you bought it and brought it home and immediately measured out the perfect spot and hung it for me. It couldn't be more perfect for two people who loved each other from first meeting and made a wonderful life and home together. Do you realize that this past February was 13 years we have been loving each other! God has blessed me with you! Oh, the memories!